Saturday, September 7, 2013

Wendy Liebman


has performed stand-up comedy for over 25 years. In 1996, she won the American Comedy Award for Best Female Stand-up. Her resume seems endless. (1)Wendy Liebman has been a regular on the Late Show with David Letterman, and has appeared on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno and Johnny Carson. In addition, she was the first comedian to perform on the Rosie O'Donnell show, and she has done two comedy specials, one for HBO and one for Comedy Central. Other television appearances include The New Hollywood Squares, Dr. Katz Professional Therapist, The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn, Keenan Ivory Wayans Show, Comic Relief VII, Louie Anderson's Comedy Showcase, VH-1's Stand-up Sotlight, MTV's Half Hour Comedy Hour, The Daily Show, The Magic Johnson Show, HBO's Women of the Night, Politicaly Incorrect, Women Aloud, and The RuPaul Show, as well as Comic Strip Live, Sunday Comics, Evening at the Improv, Caroline's Comedy Hour, Bob Hope Ladies of Laughter, Lifetime's Six Comics in Search of a Generation and the Chuck Woolery Show.


Wendy and Terri Nunn. Facebook photo from
Unbound w/ Terri Nunn & Wendy Liebman 
The Los Angeles Times raves, "She's a master of the throwaway line, making a perfectly rational observation, then adding almost subliminally the punchline which skews everything she has said before." The Montreal Gazette calls her the "Queen of the Afterthought". It is this unique delivery style, paired with perfect comedic timing that makes her comedy so original and unforgettable

In addition to her comedic success, she has earned a B.A. degree in Psychology from Wellesley College.  She did psych research at Harvard Medical school.  She has authored the book " Swear to Lily".  She co-hosts a weekly radio program "Unbound" with Terri Nunn on KCSN-FM 88.5 radio Los Angeles.  She writes the health related blog LMAO. In addition to all of this, in 2010 she was clue #23 down on the New York Magazine's crossword puzzle.  As we said earlier, an endless resume.  

We are a long time fans of this very lovely lady.  We are so honored that she took time out to answer our "25 of the best".

(1) TBS.com
All remaining photos from Wendy's Liebman's Facebook page.
Facts from http://www.wendyliebman.com


VIDEO:





LINKS:

Wendy's official Website.
Wendy's Health related Blog LMAO.
Wendy on IMDB.
Follow her on Twitter.
Follow her on Facebook.
Wendy's quotes at BrainyQuote.
Listen to Wendy's radio program, Unbound.
Like Unbound on Facebook.



   Wendy Liebman answers 25 of the Best

Who was the last person you told “I love you”?
Wendy:   My dog.


I also just said goodnight to my stepson and said, “I love you.”
Wendy:   We are very generous with that phrase around my house. I probably say it 25 times a day. (Sometimes even to myself.)


What will you find in your refrigerator if you looked right now?
Wendy:   Batteries. Vitamins.


What was the last expletive that you used?
Wendy:   Fuck that question.


When was the last time you cried?
Wendy:   When I wasn’t medicated.


What is the worst tasting thing you have ever eaten?
Wendy:   Bangers and Mash in Cheddar, England. After eating breakfast there I realized I was a really good cook.


In the film of your life, who plays you and what is the title?
Wendy:   Frances McDormand. Wendy.


What is the last furry thing that you touched?
Wendy:   Miko, my fat dog, whom I love.


When was the last time you had a hangover
Wendy:   2001, too many martinis. With olives. I rarely drink.


Do you remember the last time you saw a random act of kindness?
Wendy:   No. But I was recently stuck in an airport for 7 hours. They gave us meal vouchers and I had used what I could but I had some left and I gave them to a woman with an infant. It could have been that I was stuck in an airport for 7 hours, but after I gave them to her, I cried. It made me so happy.


If your iPod could only hold 3 songs, what would they be?
Wendy:   Hardest question. Something by Lyle Mays, something by Joni Mitchell, 100 Bottles of Beer on The Wall.


What are you currently reading?
Wendy:   Like Me (Chely Wright’s autobiography), and twitter.


Have you ever broken someone’s heart?
Wendy:   I’m afraid so.


If personalities had an odor, what would you smell like?
Wendy:   Whatever it is, it smells funny. (Rubber chicken?)


You are running in a race and overtake the second-place runner. What position are you now in?
Wendy:   I’m in second-place now, but I’m not stopping there.


Describe your happy place?
Wendy:   Big Sur, California.


What is the longest period that you have ever gone without taking a bath?
Wendy:   Years. (I take showers.) But if you mean getting clean, probably three days.


What is your theme song?
Wendy:   Windy (The Association)


Have you ever been spanked or spanked someone as an adult?
Wendy:   Nope. I think that’s punishment. I prefer a Time Out.


What do you do when you feel sad or depressed?
Wendy:   Call my bff. Walk my dog. Eat cereal.


If you were being attacked by the tickle monster, who would you want it to be?
Wendy:   My husband :)


Do you believe in ghosts? Why?
Wendy:   Maybe not in ghosts, per se, but when I was in my 20s, I was lying on my bed, and I felt someone patting my back and I turned around and no one was in the room.


Describe the perfect kiss using no more than 5 words?
Wendy:   If I’m not wearing lipstick.


What is your greatest fear?
Wendy:   Being homeless.


What is the best dish you can cook?
Wendy:   I make a mean tuna sandwich.


Do you truly feel loved?
Wendy:   100 %.


Thank you, Wendy! 

No comments: