Tuesday, August 20, 2013

John Kline

I am in art education. I live in Kansas City. I started drawing at a young age like a lot of artists. Started painting in oils around Junior High. At first, I wanted to be a comic book artist. I went to the University of Missouri where I studied painting, drawing, and printmaking. I also took a lot of art history classes. I then moved to Seattle for a little bit. I lived in Chicago for about 6 years. Moved back to Kansas City.

I think a person's art tells a lot about who they really are on the inside - what's important to them, their imagination, their beliefs, etc... My art has gone through many different stages. You could say I experiment with styles. I don't like to be content. I enjoy painting landscapes, portraits, pop art, surrealism, abstract. I like the old masters and new artists.

Influences: van Gogh, Rembrandt, Paul Klee, Ben...

Repost from John's Etsy Profile



GALLERY:
SAMPLE OF JOHN's ARTWORK



Photo Source:  https://www.facebook.com/JohnKlineArtwork/photos_stream


LINKS:

Follow on Facebook
Like John Kline Artwork on Facebook
The Artwork of John on Etsy


John Kline answers 25 of the Best

Who was the last person you told “I love you”?
John:  My girlfriend, every day.


What will you find in your refrigerator if you looked right now?
John:  Veggies, yogurt, Capri Sun, Chocolate milk


What was the last expletive that you used?
John:  Probably "Fuck." I say it about a billion times a day to myself.


When was the last time you cried?
John:  Probably when my cat ran off back in 2007. Luckily, I found him 4 days later.


What is the worst tasting thing you have ever eaten?
John:  Sea urchin


In the film of your life, who plays you and what is the title?
John:  I would be played by Ryan Gosling and it would be called, "Portrait of an Artist."


What is the last furry thing that you touched?
John:  My cat, the one that ran away.


When was the last time you had a hangover?
John:  Hmmm... about a month ago. I went to a wedding and then a stupid party.


Do you remember the last time you saw a random act of kindness and can you describe it?
John:  Seems like it's been a long time. I remember seeing a car accident years ago and everybody stopped their cars and ran to help, including myself.


If your iPod could only hold 3 songs, what would they be?
John:  Anything by Carbon-based Lifeforms, Brian Eno or The Sea and Cake.


What are you currently reading?
John:  I'm reading 'Ironfire' by David Ball and 'Insurgent' by Veronica Roth, which I'm having a hard time getting into. I think it's geared towards the 'Twilight' demographic.


If personalities had an odor, what would you smell like?
John:  Vetiver


If a turtle loses his shell, is he naked or homeless?
John:  Naked.


Describe your happy place?
John:  A warm cabin with a fire burning in the fireplace.


We can grant you 1 super power, what will you choose?
John:  I would heal the sick. Seriously.


What is your theme song?
John:  3030 by Del the Funky Homosapien.


What is your safe word?
John:  Uh...


What do you do when you feel sad or depressed?
John:  Either forget my troubles and watch a movie or do some artwork...paint.


What is your greatest accomplishment?
John:  Graduating collage. Never thought I would do it.


Is the monster in your bedroom, under your bed or in your closet?
John:  Under the bed. Definitely.


Describe the perfect kiss using no more than 5 words?
John:  Oh, I feel like a 13 year-old girl answering these questions. Ok...here they are: Beauty quivers when lips meet.


What is your greatest fear?
John:  Dying


What is the best dish you can cook?
John:  Spaghetti red.


Do you truly feel loved?
John:  I do.


Thank you, John!


No comments: