Thursday, January 24, 2013

Zaq Rogers

I am one of the few Charlotte natives left in the Queen City.  I've been doing comedy professionally around the area for over 13 years. I was apart of the Perch & Habitual Ritual, and now I'm getting down with Robot Johnson.  Also, I'm a member of the theme party band Iron Cordoba.
cast bio on RobotJohnson.com

Zaq was born to parents that couldn't have been A military brat Rogers moved around a lot in his childhood. His family finally settled down in Crown Town in 1989 when his younger brother was born. To keep getting the attention he was addicted to, Rogers started his comedic career. Writing his first parody song when he was eleven, and mastering a Bill Cosby impression, Rogers started slaying bus stop audiences around Charlotte. Then tragedy struck, Rogers’ parents got divorced. Of course he used comedy as a coping mechanism when he had to move in with his grandmother, which only sharpened his comedic wit. So when the Perch came a calling in 1999 Zaq Rogers was more than ready. Rogers’ presence has been felt all throughout Charlotte’s entertainment scene since, from stand up to cover bands to murder mysteries. People who’ve had the pleasure to work with Rogers say the same thing: “I’m so lucky”. Right now Rogers is in two sketch comedy groups and is a member of the hip hop group “Elephants of Surprise”. “I’m just happy to be able to work with people who are just as talented as I am”, says Rogers after the first Robot Johnson show.
by Zaq Rogers  

VIDEO:

   


LINKS:

Follow on Twitter
Find on LinkedIn
Wikipedia:  The Robot Johnson Show


Zaq Rogers answers 25 of the Best


Who was the last person you told "I Love You"?
Zaq:  My gf Camille.


What will you find in your refrigerator if you looked right now?
Zaq:  A weird mix of condiments, some spoiled food and Full Thottles.


What was the last expletive that you used?
Zaq:  Shit.


When was the last time you cried?
Zaq:  Not sure. The last time I teared up was hearing President Obama reading the names of those children in New Town.


What is the worst tasting thing you have ever eaten?
Zaq:  Some sort of sushi roll. I have no idea what it was.


In the film of your life, who plays you and what is the title?
Zaq:  I would, and I think the title would be "The Road Never Traveled".


What is the last furry thing that you touched?
Zaq:  My kitten, Lemon.


When was the last time you had a hangover?
Zaq:  Uh, I think it was '06. I've only had 2 in my entire life but I drink...a lot.


Do you remember the last time you saw a random act of kindness?
Zaq:  I saw a man help another man push his car to the side of the road in the rain.


If your iPod could only hold 3 songs, what would they be?
Zaq:  Outkast: The Whole World, Alicia Keys: Unthinkable, System of a Down: Toxicity.


What are you currently reading?
Zaq:  A Feast of Crows by George R.R. Martin, 11/22/63 by Stephen King and The Fires of Heaven by Robert Jordan. Just finished David Sedaris' When You Are Engulfed In Flames.


Have you ever broken someone’s heart?
Zaq:  Who hasn't? Even the best of us are not always able to reciprocate that feeling.


If personalities had an odor, what would you smell like?
Zaq:  Some sort of strong cheese. Not bad but would definitely take some getting used to.


You are running in a race and overtake the second-place runner. What position are you now in?
Zaq:  2nd.


Describe your happy place?
Zaq:  On stage & people sincerely happy that I am.


What is the longest period that you have ever gone without taking a bath?
Zaq:  You mean like, washed my body? 4 or 5 days.


What is your theme song?
Zaq:  It would be a medley of a bunch of different up beat songs. It would probably be like 15 minutes long.


Have you ever been spanked or spanked someone as an adult?
Zaq:  Yes, I'm old and was raised in the south.


What do you do when you feel sad or depressed?
Zaq:  Listen to my theme song, watch one of my favorite sitcoms.


If you were being attacked by the tickle monster, who would you want it to be?
Zaq:  Someone I could easily take down. I don't like being tickled.


Do you believe in ghosts? Why?
Zaq:  Yes and no. I think there are other planes of existence but the beings trying to break through to our side aren't trying to haunt. I've had a handful of experiences where I've felt the presence of something I couldn't see.


Describe the perfect kiss using no more than 5 words?
Zaq:  Passionate & in sync.


What is your greatest fear?
Zaq:  Not accomplishing my goals.


What is the best dish you can cook?
Zaq:  Pancakes and bacon.


Do you truly feel loved?
Zaq:  Yes, I'm very lucky that way.


Thank you, Zaq!


No comments: