Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Miss Della

Full name, Della Eliana Dietrich-Dior de Vasquez. Miss Della began doing female impersonation in 1991, and actually had Sunday night bookings at Scorpio in the early 90's. She also traveled the state as a sidekick to one of her drag mentors, Kerri Nichols <Miss Gay America 1996> as Kerri pursued winning Miss Gay North Carolina (which she won in '94). Della later moved into judging contests, both small and very big, and began writing the Drag Rag for the Q-Notes over 16 years ago. Nothing the old gal loves better than a good pageant, except maybe a party platter of excellent sushi, or a cute dark-skinned boy (18 and above, please?), usually of the Latino or Asian variety. LMAO

One cause that I feel strongly about is the empowerment of children living in poverty. Most folks who know me know that I have been a sponsor of now two Honduran boys through a great nonprofit out of Kansas City called Children International. I have made a great difference in these two boys' lives, and even built the oldest one a house two years ago with the generous help of friends and family. I recommend it--the impact is so big for a small monthly donation. Check them out at http://www.children.org/


LINKS:

Children International
Miss Della in Q-Notes
Q-Notes


Miss Della answers 25 of the Best

Who was the last person you told "I Love You"?
Della:  My baby sister.


Who What will you find in your refrigerator if you looked right now?
Della:  We actually have groceries at the moment!


What was the last expletive that you used?
Della:  Probably the F bomb, unfortunately. I need to clean my mouth up, admittedly.


When was the last time you cried?
Della:  Not a good question...I just lost the love of my life, my mother, on Dec. 10.


What is the worst tasting thing you have ever eaten?
Della:  Liver or Brussels sprouts.


In the film of your life, who plays you and what is the title?
Della:  Some largely misunderstood soul, and the title could be "From the Outside Looking In"


What is the last furry thing that you touched?
Della:  A pillow at the NYE party I was just at.


When was the last time you had a hangover?
Della:  Can't even remember...I'm not famous for my drinking.


Do you remember the last time you saw a random act of kindness?
Della:  Sure, all the time--in fact, two days ago.


If your iPod could only hold 3 songs, what would they be?
Della:  'To Make You Feel My Love' by Adele, 'Light My Fire' by Shirley Bassey, and 'Angelitos Negros' by Eartha Kitt.


What are you currently reading?
Della:  Some magazine; I'm also not famous for reading books with my ADHD ass LMAO.


Have you ever broken someone’s heart?
Della:  Lord, I hope not, but I have disappointed a few.


If personalities had an odor, what would you smell like?
Della:  Something fabulous but different, hopefully by Chanel or Yves St. Laurent. Ta da!


You are running in a race and overtake the second-place runner. What position are you now in?Della:  Sounds tricky. I'm winning, right?


Describe your happy place?
Della:  In my apt., by myself, all alone, having a sweet treat, playing on laptop, and listening to my jam.


What is the longest period that you have ever gone without taking a bath?
Della:  I've skipped a day, I feel sure, when I was off work.


What is your theme song?
Della:  'Coming Around Again' by Carly Simon.


Have you ever been spanked or spanked someone as an adult?
Della:  No, but my grandmother reminds me that she can if I step out of line.


What do you do when you feel sad or depressed?
Della:  Emotional eater, hence the gargantuan waistline. Sorry!


If you were being attacked by the tickle monster, who would you want it to be?
Della:  I do not like being tickled, but if it had to be someone, let it be B. D. Wong, William Levy,Jeremy Lin (Whom, I am ab-so-smurfly in love with) or my new crush Brandon Watson from TruTV's Black Gold.' Damn-a-mighty to all four. And they're SO different!


Do you believe in ghosts? Why?
Della:  Yes, I do, but not really sure why.


Describe the perfect kiss using no more than 5 words?
Della:  Using tongue with fiery passion.


What is your greatest fear?
Della:  Dying alone. Boo hoo!.


What is the best dish you can cook?
Della:  I made a basic homemade soup yesterday, but I'd say my spaghetti sauce.


Do you truly feel loved?
Della:  Yes, I do. I have to remind myself how fortunate I am quite often.


Thank you, Miss Della!


No comments: