Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Andy Woerner

is a dive instructor in Hawaii.  That by itself, is enough to make most envious.  However, I spent  some time looking at pictures and videos of his life.   I see a man who has a great family, a great life, a passion for living.  I could say he appears to be one of the luckiest guys on earth, but that is not fair.  Andy is fortunate, but not lucky.  His lust for life, self confidence and fearless ability to be himself has provided him the life he has, the life he deserves.  You may ask, how do I know this?  I met Andy many years ago in college.  He was an art student at the time.  He had just started dating Angela, his wife.  He (they, but that is another story) lived a few doors down from me, in a college dorm during our freshman year.   He was already one of the shiny people then.  I felt drawn to him like a moth.  He and Angela seemed to be perfect for each other.  I could tell he was going to have a special life.

Many years later, I find him on Facebook.  He and Angela are still together and happy.  He is a dive instructor in Hawaii.   Well, of course they are and of course he is.  I would of been disappointed if life had turned him into being just like everyone else.  Who is Andy?  He is a dive instructor in Hawaii, but really, he is anything he wants to be.


GALLERY:




LINKS:




Andy Woerner answers 25 of the Best


Who was the last person you told "I Love You"?
Andy:  My son, Grayer.


What will you find in your refrigerator if you looked right now?
Andy:  The usual staples, plus lots of pepperoni (Grayer's favorite food)... and lots of yogurt (his favorite bedtime treat).


What was the last expletive that you used?
Andy:  F**k... but it won't be the last expletive I use.


When was the last time you cried?
Andy:  I can't really remember. Some silly movie we watched as a family a while back.


What is the worst tasting thing you have ever eaten?
Andy:  Rotten peanut butter... mostly cause it got cemented to my teeth and stuck around for hours.


In the film of your life, who plays you and what is the title?
Andy:  Me... 'Living up the Dreams of a Child".


What is the last furry thing that you touched?
Andy:  My goatee.


When was the last time you had a hangover?
Andy:  I can't even remember but it was from Tequila. Bad stuff. Better to go with vodka and wake up fresh.


Do you remember the last time you saw a random act of kindness?
Andy:  Today, like every day. A man pointed out an open table for our family this evening. Kids holding the door for us at dinner last night. A million acts of kindness go un-noticed every day. People are fascinated by the darkness in people, but the good deeds are far, far more common.


If your iPod could only hold 3 songs, what would they be?
Andy:  Doesn't matter, I've got thousands of songs in my head... but if I had to choose. One (Metallica), Love Song (The Cure), You're Nobody Till Somebody Loves You (Dean Martin).


What are you currently reading?
Andy:  Just this. Never been a big fan of reading. Seems like such an primitive way of absorbing information.


Have you ever broken someone’s heart?
Andy:  I don't think so.


If personalities had an odor, what would you smell like?
Andy:  Metal, firewood and cotton candy. And yeah, I know how weird that sounds.


You are running in a race and overtake the second-place runner. What position are you now in?Andy:  Second place and gaining.


Describe your happy place?
Andy:  Lots of happy places in my life. Reading Grayer to sleep. Listening to whales in bed with Angela, or just alone in my head working out some problem or planning some adventure.


What is the longest period that you have ever gone without taking a bath?
Andy:  A couple of days at most.


What is your theme song?
Andy:  I seem to have a different one every day. They range from the theme from Godfather, to High Tide or Low Tide by Bob Marley.


Have you ever been spanked or spanked someone as an adult?
Andy:  Nice Try.


What do you do when you feel sad or depressed?
Andy:  It's rare that it happens, but hang with the family or strike out on my own for a solo adventure.


If you were being attacked by the tickle monster, who would you want it to be?
Andy:  Angela.


Do you believe in ghosts? Why?
Andy:  No... Uh, cause they're not real.


Describe the perfect kiss using no more than 5 words?
Andy:  The first kiss with Angela.


What is your greatest fear?
Andy:  Fear has never really been a big part of my life, but in a trivial sense I guess I would say public speaking.


What is the best dish you can cook?
Andy:  Southern style baked beans with Habenero peppers.


Do you truly feel loved?
Andy:  Yes.


Thank you, Andy


No comments: